DANCE CLASS PLACEMENT
Children are placed in classes according to level of proficiency and consideration of age
Placement changes may occur during the first two weeks of class. Mastering the academics of dance should be an enjoyable experience for children.
We understand and share your concerns; therefore, we gladly work with you and your child and our teachers to insure appropriate class assignments.
DHTW GENERAL POLICIES
- The DHTW website, and emails are the source for all dance school year information
- It is your responsibility to make sure that DHTW has a correct email address for you, so you can receive all updates
- DHTW is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property
- Classes and Fees are not transferable
- All fees are non-refundable; including registration class deposits, costume fees & performance tickets
- Enrollment is for the entire academic school year
- Class schedule & teacher assignment are subject to change
- Leaving a deposit does not guarantee a place in your requested class, your deposit will be returned if class is full before we get to your application.
- End of the Year Recital: ALL CONFLICTS relating to the performance dates must be sent to Laura Stein by January 10th in writing. It is your responsibility to check your personal calendars and school calendars for conflicting events and their dates. Also, please be aware that if necessary, Performance dates and times are subject to change.
- Dancers are not permitted to wear necklaces, bracelets or rings during class This is for the safety of your child and all dancers in the room.
- Please note that on occasion due to an unpredictable request for tickets class(es) might need to move to a different show date than originally scheduled or a limit placed on the number of tickets per family. Ticket orders are filled on a first come first serve basis.
- End of the Year Recital: All dance classes, except Creative Dance, participate in the DHTW June recitals. Costumes are ordered for each student in all of our classes, by December 30th. You are responsible for payment of the costume(s) for the class(es) your child in enrolled in.
- Costumes: Children are measured for their costume sizes in November.Costumes are not custom made, and you are responsible for any alterations.
- There is a $25 charge for returned checks
- In the event of bad weather, it is your responsibility to call DHTW & learn if we are forced to close for the day
- Pre-Registration for the dance school year begins tentatively on April 1st
- During early registration, all students currently registered for a particular class, will have first opportunity to register for the same class, same day,one grade up, for the coming dance school year.This makes for a smooth dance academic transition.
- We are trying to be environmentally responsible, and limit the amount of paper mail we send out. Please be sure to open all email that specifies “CHILDREN & TEEN PROGRAM.” You can keep up to date by checking our web site: www.DHTW.com.
- Students are required to dress according to the DH Dance & Fitness dress code for each class.
- Any student who is either disruptive or disrespectful in class, will be asked to sit out, until they are ready to participate.
- DHTW reserves the right to terminate a student’s enrollement without a refund, due to student’s non-compliance with conduct code
- Students may only attend the class(es) they are registered for
- DHTW has the right to publish photos and or videos from classes and or performances
- WHEN YOU REGISTER YOUR CHILD, and REMIT PAYMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE & ACCEPT ALL OF DHTW’s FEE SCHEDULES & POLICIES